What is Azure Active Directory B2C?
Azure Active Directory Business to Consumer (Azure AD B2C) offers a service that allows businesses to provide identity management to their customers. It is a flexible and customizable solution that empowers you to manage and personalize the authentication process in your customer-facing application. By leveraging Azure AD B2C, you can effectively orchestrate the authentication and ensure a secure and seamless user experience.
Azure Active Directory B2C offers several compelling reasons for its usage.
- Highly available
- Widely scaled
Azure AD B2C offers several significant advantages that are worth noting.
- Simple and Secure
- A concise amount of code
- Maintaining something doesn’t have to be difficult.
- Advanced security features designed for
With AD B2C policies, you have the ability to implement and oversee all your Identity scenarios without the need to write any code in your application. This simplified approach makes it effortless to manage and uphold your identity implementation, ensuring an efficient system in place.
- Multiple Identity Providers are entities that authenticate and authorise users for accessing
- The technologies commonly associated with developing software applications for
- Open standards such as Open ID Connect, OAuth 2.0, and SAML are widely recognized and accepted in the field. These frameworks enable secure and seamless
What distinguishes Azure AD B2C from Azure AD?
Service in the cloud that enables users to login in securely using their Microsoft work or school accounts
Office 365, Azure, and Dynamics 365 are all supported b
Characteristics for identity and access management
Cloud services with single sign-on for Office/Azure acco
Azure AD B2C
A provider of identities that is more general than the AAD. constructed for applications aimed at consumers.
Integrate a variety of identity suppliers that accept common Protocols. OAuth, SAML, and OIDC
Extend beyond identity and access management and are also applicable to business settings.
Azure AD is primarily used in such business contexts
- You are building a line of business app for your org
- Or a SaaS app that any org with O365 should be able to use
- Or you need to be able to access Microsoft Graph API for the organization
Azure AD B2C is mainly for consumer scenarios
- Any app where anyone should be able to add and use any type of account (Use any identity provider)
- Or use local accounts
- Calls other Rest APIs or Graph API
- Get user input from User interfaces
- And many more
Components of Azure AD B2C Tenant
- Directory – Azure AD B2C saves your users’ login information, profile information, and application registrations in the directory.
- Application registrations – To enable identity management, you register your online, mobile, and native applications with Azure AD B2C. Moreover, any APIs that you wish Azure AD B2C to secure.
- User flows and Custom policies – You can have pre-built identity experiences for your applications (user flows) and completely configurable identity experiences (custom policies).
1. Use user flows to quickly configure and allow typical identity actions like profile editing, signup, and sign-in.
2. Use custom policies to create support for complicated identity workflows specific to your organisation, customers, workers, partners, and citizens, in addition to enabling user experiences for the often performed identity tasks.
- Identity providers – Federation settings for:
1. Users who have local accounts can register and log in using their username (or email address, or another ID), respectively.
2. Facebook, Google, Microsoft, ADFS, or Salesforce are examples of social or external identity providers that support common identity protocols like OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and others.
- Keys – Add and manage encryption keys for signing and validating tokens, client secrets, certificates, and passwords.
Azure Active Directory B2C offers a powerful identity management solution. With its robust features, it enables secure user authentication, seamless integration, and flexible customization. By leveraging Azure AD B2C, businesses can provide a smooth and secure user experience, enhance customer engagement, and strengthen their overall identity and access management strategy.
Finally, for more such posts, please follow our LinkedIn page- FrontEnd Competency.