Defining Dynamic Web Application
A dynamic web application is an application that can adapt its content, look, and behavior based on user actions, system changes, and data. Dynamic web applications can use features like forms that load data at run-time, AJAX, databases, or other services that react to external events.
There’s a simple way to determine if a site is dynamic. If you can interact with it, it’s a dynamic site. For example, dynamic sites allow you to create a user profile, comment on a post, or make a reservation.
Dynamic websites use client-side scripting, server-side scripting, or both to generate dynamic content.
- Client-side scripting generates content on the client’s computer based on user input. The web browser downloads the web page from the server and processes the code within the page to render information to the user.
- On the server side, the server runs the software and does the processing; then, it sends simple pages to the user.
Difference Between Dynamic and Static Web Apps
|Static Website||Dynamic Website|
|It sends precisely the same response for every request.||Content is generated quickly and changes regularly.|
|It uses the HTML code for developing a website.||It sends precisely the same response for every request.|
|It sends exactly the same response for every request.||It may generate different HTML for each request.|
|The content is only changed when someone publishes and updates the file (sends it to the web server).||Content Management System (CMS) is the main advantage of a dynamic website.|
|Flexibility is the main advantage of a static website.||Content Management System (CMS) is the main advantage of a dynamic website.|
Benefits of DWA
The world is constantly changing, and websites are also in that constantly changing trend. Therefore, Dynamic Website App is a trend that cannot be changed. Although many static websites are popular on the internet, with the need to change immediately according to the user’s requirements and according to the context, dynamic websites are increasingly valued, for example, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc.
So what are the advantages of a dynamic website app? We can point out a few points as follows:
- Quickly change the design, appearance, and functionality according to user requirements or a specific environment.
- In Static Web App, we need to create new pages and deploy them all again to adapt to new requirements. Meanwhile, for Dynamic Application Web, we don’t need to create new pages and redeploy them again. So that saves us time and effort.
- DWA makes it easier for developers and designers to create websites compatible with many devices and interfaces.
- While static web requires you to code everything from scratch, the dynamic web will only need to update small changes when required.
- DWAs are geared towards functionality and user experience. That helps the website become more user-friendly and better meet users’ needs.